Heyyy! Hoping everybody’s great.As I type this I’m listening to J. Cole’s album ‘Born Sinner’ .IT IS EPIC! Now for today’s post…It’s all about lipstick. Yesterday my mum told me ”There’s this nice lipstick I have,come for it.” I happily skipped to her room to collect my new baby…CHRISTIAN DIOR ROUGE #108.I’ve wanted to buy red lipstick for a while now and this couldn’t come at a more perfect time.Check her out:
I’m yet to try it out but I’ll let you know as soon as I do.
When I got this lipstick I realised that I’ve never done a post on beauty products and decided to do one today.A girl’s gotta post about other things apart from her outfits! I’ll be doing more beauty-related posts from time to time just to change things up.Today,I also introduce you to my other lipsticks,Sleek and Flormar.I’m looking to expand my lipstick collection of course.As you can see below,all my lipsticks are bold shades,I’m planning to have more toned-down and subtle hues like nudes,peaches and browns.
Meet…Sleek,Cherry Brandy.It’s not matte lipstick but sure lasts long.I love this lipstick because it goes so well with my complexion and it’s edgy.
I love love love sleek products because they’re long lasting and you can get them at a good price.I used to buy relatively cheaper makeup,including lipstick but I stopped.Cheap eyeshadow and eye pencil used to irritate my eyes and cheap lipstick used to last for at most an hour.It’s better to have one good lipstick than ten which only last for an hour.The thing with makeup in general,don’t compromise on quality! As Vivienne Westwood once said ”Choose well,buy less” .That’s my new mantra when it comes to buying makeup,clothes and accessories in general.
Meet Flormar Supermatte colour #208:
Its colour is almost like a burnt orange and I love the texture.It also lasts quite long!
This is my go-to lip product.Nivea Hydro Care.I use it on those days that I don’t wear any makeup or I’m wearing strong eyeshadow.When wearing strong eyeshadow I like to keep the lips simple.
And last but absolutely not least,meet Sleek Lipgloss(High Shine).It smells so good! It has a lovely cocoa butter scent plus it lasts so long into the day or night.I usually wear it with charcoal-coloured eyeshadow.Together they create such a dramatic effect.I also wear it on days I’m not wearing any eye makeup because it is a star on its own.
Just before I finish,here are some interesting facts about lipstick:
- Lipsticks can be separated in several types – ordinary lipstick, glossy or glittery lipsticks, chapstick , moisturizing lipsticks, lip gloss and lip balm.
- ”Kiss of Death” is a term that is commonly associated with lipstick. It was coined because of the “femme fatale” phenomenon in fiction, but also because some ancient civilizations unknowingly used poisonous materials for making of lipstick.
- Lipsticks have expiration date and can become rancid. Storing them in fridges can prolong their life.
- During dark and middle ages in Europe, lipsticks were often viewed as a fashion accessory of prostitutes and lower class women. The only time when it was used in high circles was during and shortly after the reign of English Queen Elizabeth I. (I nearly choked when I read this one :D)
- For the long time in European Middle Ages, red lipsticks was associated with Satan worshiping(This must be the wierdest one)
- Lipsticks can contain fish scales, and castor oil that provides lips with shiny film that can’t be smeared easily (I know I look like I’m trying to discourage you from wearing lipstick,but I’m not…honest! :D)
- Clear lip balm is one of the most popular lipstick product in the modern market.
- The most famous Actresses that popularized lipsticks were Greta Garbo, Joan Crawford, Marilyn Monroe and Elizabeth Taylor.
- Some civilizations did not allow women to appear in public without extensive facial makeup. Japanese for example.
- First swivel up lipstick in a tube appeared in 1923.
*Courtesy of http://www.lipstickhistory.com
Wishing you all a fruitful week 🙂